Monday, September 26, 2011

Lots of learning...

Hello! :) I realized how long it has been since I have updated the blog, especially since I had a draft hanging out from a few weeks ago that I thought I had published. Sorry about that!

We've been doing lots of exciting things in math and science. After starting the year with Hands On Equations (Algebra) we've moved on to unit 1, which focuses on data analysis. Students are reading, interpreting, and creating many different types of graphs and data types.

In science, our Environments unit is keeping us busy. We've been studying how environmental factors impact one another, and the environmental preferences of plants and animals.

Here are a couple of our new friends:


Darkling Beetles


Isopod


Our fish (kind of a weird picture with the reflections.) We've had a fish survival issue ='(


* We also have snails and aquatic plants, but the photos won't upload. I'll try again later. :)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The math and science grades should be updated on the Campus portal this weekend at the latest, and student midterm progress reports will be coming out soon. Not only is the parent portal new to most current sixth grade teachers, the system was updated this year making the learning curve a little steeper. All is well, and figured out, so I ensure that grades will be updated soon.

Have a wonderful day! If you have questions or comments, please post them here, or email me at kjohnson@prairiepride.org

My best,
Mrs. J.

4 comments:

  1. My bro thinks the fish are cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. My class didn't get to do the fish, snails, darkling beetles and aqautic plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Johnson This Is Kinara I Miss This Class So Much and I Want You To Tell Everyone That I said hi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinara - great to hear from you! Email me and let me know how it is going. :) Matalyn, sorry to hear that. :(

    ReplyDelete